Why should radio broadcasters care about mobile?
And, more importantly, what strategies should broadcasters employ to stay in tune with their audiences as they adopt mobile and move some or most of their attention and usage to it?
I talked recently with Mark Ramsey, a leading digital strategist for broadcasters. I’ve known Mark since my days at Hipcricket where I worked with dozens of radio stations and groups to drive time spent listening and advertising revenue.
Here are some of the topics we cover in this short video Q&A:
· Why should radio broadcasters care about mobile?
· How can broadcasters leverage mobile?
· Will over-the-air listening migrate to mobile?
· How can broadcasters leverage listener relationships via mobile?
· What’s the difference between mobile websites and mobile apps, and which do you need most?
· Do you even need a mobile app?
Choice is the killer app. Radio stations need to be wherever consumers want to be and in the forms they prefer. We’re moving away from traditional platforms, but not away from relationships with the stations and personalities that we grew to love on those platforms.
I encourage you to learn more from Mark at http://www.markramseymedia.com