It may not pay to carry Apple Pay. Twenty-eight retailers told Reuters that lack of access to data about customers and their buying habits is a key reason why they don’t accept Apple Pay. But an Apple rep told the news organization that it expects half of the top U.S. merchants to feature the service by the end of the year.
Meanwhile, Kantar says that only 13% of U.S. iPhone 6 owners have used Apple Pay. What has held the other 87% back? Not enough locations, not enough consumer education, not enough benefit? Something else? I say that it’s all of the above.
Tweet of the week – from Rebecca Lieb @lieblink: Smart jeans that tell you if you gained weight? My stupid jeans have done this for years.
Facebook Messenger now lets you send friends a map with your location.
True or false, fellow Apple Watch owners - if I left it at home, I'd make a special trip to retrieve it. I'm in the false camp.
Consumers are willing to trade personal info for value, per Forrester. 41% for cash rewards, 28% for loyal points, 15% for a better consumer experience.
Walmart announced new mobile programs that include a geofence feature that alerts associates to gather pre-ordered merchandise, saving time for the customer.
Periscope now offers a map view of active broadcasts.
Yahoo reportedly paid at least $20 million to stream October's Buffalo Bills – Jacksonville Jaguars game.
BlackBerry settled a legal dispute with Ryan Seacrest's Typo Products.
Expedia's Spanish-language mobile web site is part of an initiative to test and learn.
What irony: Gogo launched a "generous" customer loyalty program for airlines, not paying users who suffer with the service.
Seventy-four percent of people 55 and over in America used the mobile Internet in 2014, a 14% jump from 2013: comScore.
Fifty percent of people uninstall a poor app, IBM says.